Match Reports‎ > ‎

PARKSTONE HEIGHTS FALCONS U13s vs WAREHAM RANGERS U13s: 2-10 (League Division 2, 18 October 2015)

posted 18 Oct 2015, 13:53 by Simon McCabe

Rangers on Fire!

Every week, the pre-match parental chat revolves around which Wareham Rangers team will turn up.  This week, we didn't have long to find out as an awesome Wareham team opened out a 3-0 lead against Parkstone in the first five minutes.  Harry opened the scoring with a right-footed shot after being put through by Joe.  Minutes later, Christian made space in the Parkstone area before setting the ball up beautifully for a Samuel tap-in.  A minute later, Samuel cut a great ball back to Joe who buried it to make it 3-0.  Wareham drew breath and the game began to settle into a pattern with the Wareham back line of Ethan, Alfie, Gabe and Luke looking solid and dealing with periods of Parkstone pressure.  In front of them, Kyle was winning balls and the central midfield unit of Dannon and Joe were hitting through-balls almost at will; they continued to do this throughout the game.  One from Joe went to Harry who calmly scored his second.  Ethan and Harry were combining well down the left; a great move from them saw Christian score to make it 5-0.  Parkstone came back with a penalty which even James the Cat couldn't save.  Christian continued to cause Parkstone all kinds of problems and he superbly controlled a lobbed pass from Joe to make it 6-1 just before half-time. 

The beginning of the second half saw Parkstone apply pressure, forcing a great save from James and a saving tackle from Alfie.  On the right, Gabe and George had to defend well to deny Parkstone again.  However, soon after, Wareham failed to clear their lines and Parkstone scored to cut their arrears to four.  Wareham were soon back up to speed with a great through ball from Kyle setting up Harry who calmly dinked the ball over the keeper (rather than his trademark net buster!).  Up front, Josh was getting into his stride, making good runs and was unlucky with a couple of shots which went just wide.  At the back, Alfie and Gabe continued to dominate the centre of defence.  The ever-alert James was swiftly out to deal with through balls and made an excellent point-blank save to deny Parkstone.  Josh moved to the left and played a ball across to Callum at the far post who calmly slotted home to make it 8-2.  Minutes later, Christian harried the Parkstone defence and scored his third goal: 9-2. The final Wareham goal was a carbon copy of the eighth with Josh crossing for Callum to finish at the far post.

A deservedly chuffed Manager Darren Mears commented “The first half was undoubtedly the best football we have ever played.  It was great to see such a high level of intensity and pressing when we didn't have the ball and extremely pleasing to witness flowing one-touch dynamic football when in possession.  Great finishing throughout the game was just the icing on the cake.  The travelling fans were certainly rewarded for their efforts this afternoon and witnessed all pistons firing in unison.  Unfortunately for the lads they have now set the bar at an extremely high level to which they now have to consistently try to reach.  Bravo Gents.''

Jol Mitchell